Frequently Asked Questions
What services does the building provide?
Does the building have single-use restrooms?
Where is the lactation room?
Can I bring my bike inside of the building?
When is the pickup for biohazardous waste?
Where are the fire pulls located in the building?
Where is the facilities office?
How do I book a conference room?
What is the building code?
What is the mail code for the building?
Where are packages delivered?
What is the process for recycling?
What is the frequency of building cleaning?
Does the building provide lab coats?
Why is my keycard not working?
The list below states the services and items to be serviced by the building or its' occupants.
|Customer Funded||Facility Funded|
|Prescription Safety Glasses/Goggles||Non-Perscription Safety Glasses|
|MilliQs (Lab Specific)||MilliQs (Shared)|
Yes, there is a set of single-use bathrooms located on the ground floor, south wing, and another set on the second floor, east wing of the Neurosciences building.
The official lactation room is located in E154. This room is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Wheeled items such as bikes, scooters, and skateboards are not allowed in the building unless they can be stored away and not pose any egress or tripping hazard, e.g., under your desk area. There are storage/ bike racks located all around the outside of the building. If more secure storage is needed you may reserve bike storage. The closest option is located in the Via Ortega garage. For more information regarding bike storage: https://transportation.stanford.edu/bicycle/find-resources/reserve-bike-storage
Biohazardous waste is picked up on Mondays and Thursdays. If additional red biohazard waste bags or sharps containers are needed they are available in the facilities office.
There are no fire alarms pulls in our building.
The facilities office is located on the south side of the complex, room W104, by the external stairs. It has large brown doors that say Facilities.
There are 2 ways to book a room.
First, check the availability, on the room scheduling page. Click any of the rooms and each room will show the room layout as well as the calendar for that room. Then you can...
- Submit a facilities help ticket! Be sure to include the room number that you are requesting along with the start and end times, whether it will be recurring or not, the name of the meeting, and the sponsoring PIs sunet or name.
- Go to the room page of the room you would like to book and press the button “request this space”. This will take you to the Room Scheduling form for that particular room. Please fill out the form and press submit.
The building code is 14-220.
The mail codes for the building are:
|Neuro Theory (2F)||5092|
|Neuro Theory (3F)||5093|
UPS packages are delivered throughout the building; note delivery times may vary depending on UPS's workload. All dry Ice packages and packages from other carriers are delivered to the facilities office as well as mail both external and interdepartmental.
- Cardboard - If you have cardboard, please break it down and leave it outside of your lab, in a place that is not in the walkway or in a place where it may become a hazard. There are also red cardboard carts under the stairs outside of the facilities office, you may put cardboard in the carts as well. Cardboard will be picked up once a day, if the cardboard is overflowing please take it to the carts.
- E-waste - There are bins placed throughout the building located in the mailroom areas. Please read what can be disposed of in those cans before disposing of e-waste.
- Plastic Pipette Boxes - Please dispose of these in the PMG (plastic, metal, glass) cans. These cans are green and can be found throughout the building, in the living room areas, as well as labs and in the halls
- E-waste is picked up monthly, please keep in mind that if the bin is full, please find another one in the building or hold on to it until after the pickup has been completed.
- Trash: In common areas, conference rooms, labs, and kitchens the landfill is picked up 5 times a week. In-office areas it is only picked up 3 times a week.
- Recycling: Recycling in the office areas is picked up 3 times a week. In the rest of the building, this is done once a week.
- Mopping: All areas in the building are mopped once a week.
Yes! In the facilities office, there are lab coats hanging on the wall separated by size and color. There are blue lab coats that are flame resistant and standard white ones. Please deposit soiled lab coats into the black laundry hamper located in the facilities office. Lab coats are cleaned and returned on the weekly basis.
This could be for any number of reasons, including but not limited to:
- Lack of Access - You may not have access to that area. If you believe that you need access to an area please contact the PI for that area and have them send an email sponsoring your access to their area.
- Card Placement - The card must make contact with the sensor for it to work.
- Old Card - Some cards may be older, if you are unsure please go to the facilities office where they will be able to confirm it. If that is the case, you will need to get a new card from Tressider. https://uit.stanford.edu/service/campuscard/cardoffice
- Temporary Access - Your access has expired due to your reasons for needing to be in the building. If you need your access extended, please reach out to the facilities team.